Saturday, October 01, 2016

i'm a little unsteady

I definitely have a cold, which I'm definitely super angry about. So I spent the morning lying in bed and bemoaning my fate (or, at least, sleeping), and then I dragged myself upstairs and ate breakfast in an attempt to feed my fever (you're supposed to starve a cold, but ain't nobody got time for that).

Eventually, I showered, dressed myself, and drove into town, where my California license wasn't suspicious enough to bar me from buying Sudafed (it helps that I know all the pharmacy workers). Then I came home, took some Sudafed, moped, drank some coffee, and spent some quality time talking to [censored], who came home from [censored] for the weekend. He declared that my stories are [censored] - but [censored] had nowhere better to be, so he was stuck with me. He also made one of the best transitions ever (in which I said something about someone making inroads, and [censored] said, "speaking of inroads, one of the women who owns the Inn hit an elk on a road". Lol (to the transition, not to the elk, obvi)).

sssanyway. I eventually took a nap, because my body couldn't handle such crazy excitement. Then we ate supper (bratwurst, baked beans, and the very last of the sweet corn - can't get much more midwestern than that). After supper, I really just wanted to crawl into bed - but of course I had to do some work, because I had volunteered to judge a contest, and I'd of course put it off, and the judging scores/comments were due at midnight PDT. I turned them all in with an hour to spare, but it probably took five hours of work - and I don't think my orange juice and my Sudafed were enough to make that okay.

So now I need to sleep and hope that I can recover quickly - goodnight!

No comments: