Sunday, October 23, 2016

i wanna breathe that fire again

blogging is difficult again tonight - this time it's not because I'm drunk or exhausted, but because the Internet is down again and I don't feel like writing a lot on my phone. Also, today felt kind of wasted - thanks to last night's politics + my share of two bottles of wine, I was not in it to win it this morning. And I think I was stuck in this scene because I didn't really have the right idea of what I was trying to accomplish, so the words felt like a meandering mess all day.

But I got some writing done, and I called my parents, and I went to dinner with the group at MacDuff's Pub, which is home to some totally delish cottage pie. And I limited myself to one glass of wine, so even though I spent the time after dinner sitting in the main house and having an increasingly ridiculous conversation with everyone, I was at least able to pry myself away at ten and start winding down.

So tomorrow is another day and I'm going to seize it. Also, today wasn't actually bad - my writer friends are delightful, and now I'm daydreaming of walking across England on the coast to coast trail with Barbara S. Or, I'm just daydreaming of conning Anne into making me some more gluten free cookies...either way sounds good to me. Goodnight!

No comments: