Tuesday, October 18, 2016

pick up the receiver i'll make you a believer

I'm super sleepy...today was a good day, but it required more effort than I would have wanted to expend. I spent the morning sleeping later than I should have (mostly because I was wiped out from the weekend), but I rallied and dragged myself out of bed and made some eggs and worked for a couple of hours. Then I hurriedly showered and ate some lunch (bolognese sauce with lots of cheese and no noodles at all, which satisfied my desire to avoid grains even if it was weird to eat sauce by itself - but it was so meaty that it was almost like eating chili or maidrites or something, and it was totally fucking delicious). And then I drove down to San Bruno for a writing date.

As usual, the writing date wasn't as productive as it could have been - I find that I get good industry stuff + good socializing out of meeting with this group, but I'm not quite as wordcount-happy as I could be. However, I still got four pages, which wasn't bad. Then, I drove to San Mateo and worked for another hour at the Philz, where a jackhammer next door seriously harshed my mellow - but I scribbled in my notebook and realized what's currently blocking me, so that was great.

And then, when it was finally time, I went next door and had dinner with my friend Amber at Curry Up Now. I've mentioned Amber before, I think; she's a romance novelist who is also an Episcopal priest, and we typically have great conversations. Tonight was no different - we did tons of catching up and talking about the state of romance fiction, fueled in no small part by delish food + tasty cocktails (I was drinking the 'bandit queen', which I would have picked for the name alone - it was basically whisky with some bitters, and it was dangerously good).

Eventually, though, I came home, and now I am contemplating my bed + all the things I have to do this week. Goodnight!

No comments: