Sunday, February 26, 2017

crumbing like pastries

I know that I should stay up for another couple of hours at least...but the jetlag is hitting hard, and so even though it's only seven p.m. here, I'm blogging now so that this goes up before I inevitably collapse.

However, I made it to London in an entirely uneventful manner (well, slightly eventful when my Singapore to Kuala Lumpur flight was delayed, but I made my connection, so it ended up not mattering). I was v. happy that I'd used points to buy a business class ticket - that meant that the fourteen hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to London was a relatively comfortable experience, and I got almost eight hours of sleep. I also read one and a half books that I need to judge for the RITAs, and I wrote for a couple of hours, so that was all #winning.

I landed in London at five a.m. and made it through customs in record time. Then I took an uber here in deference to the amount of luggage I had with me. 'Here' turns out to be a lovely house in one of my favorite neighborhoods in London. My room is approximately half the size of my room in Bali, and there is no pool and no palm trees and no waitstaff eager to make my coffee thirteen hours a day - but there are also no ants, and I didn't sweat through everything I was wearing the moment I walked out the door, so there are plus sides.

Anyway, I showered, and then I walked toward the South Kensington tube station and had breakfast at Muriel's (delish). Then I bought some groceries, came back here and fully unpacked, and wrote for a couple of hours, and made tea, etc. I also went out and had a late lunch/early dinner, came back, ill-advisedly took a nap, and called my parents.

So for a first day, it was all as smooth as it could be - we'll see if the jetlag is kind to me. Goodnight!

No comments: