Wednesday, February 08, 2017

i can taste the dishonesty

I'm finally, truly getting back into the story - a scene that had stymied me for days suddenly came together with an unexpected arrival (as in, I didn't expect it either), so that's good news. Also, I felt better today, since I got a little overheated but never got carsick and also didn't drink any coffee made by shitting cats...so my stomach was in a better place than it was yesterday.

So, brief recap: I got up, showered, threw on some clothes, and walked into central Ubud in search of breakfast and coffee and a place to work. I ended up at Seniman, which is a lot farther away than Lazy Cats, but is also delicious - I'd been there once before, and they're definitely serious about their coffee. So I had their huevos rancheros and a perfect iced double latte, and I journaled for a bit. Then I relocated to a bigger table, pulled out my laptop, and had a cold brew coffee while writing. I was there for so long that I needed lunch as well, but the lunch I ordered was weird - it had 'square rice', which I assumed was regular rice in the shape of a square, but it had somehow been densely compressed into little squares that looked like tofu, and I was not a fan. But it fueled some more writing, so all was forgiven.

Then I walked back home, although I stopped at a jewelry store on the way and bought a ring (so necessary, I know - but it will be a good souvenir). By the time I got here, I was drenched in sweat and on the verge of overheating, so I turned on the air conditioner, drank some water, and took a nap. Then I skipped the community dinner in favor of doing more writing/work - this book ain't gonna write itself, and I'm on a tight deadline and need to focus when I'm feeling the urge to write. Also, tomorrow night I have plans for an absurdly fancy dinner, which means a) I won't be able to write tomorrow night and b) I probably also won't be able to write Friday morning, although I'll make my best attempt.

But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: