Monday, February 20, 2017

recapture the rapture

I'm soooo sleepy - today was good, all in all, but I'm ready to crash. I woke up early (for me), took a shower, and spent an hour on the roof talking to my parents - the weather is improving (in other words, there's less rain), and so I took advantage of the sunny skies to sit on a lounge chair and get some morning sun before the heat became too intense.

Then I packed up my stuff and went to Yellow Flower, where I ate and drank coffee and wrote for a couple of hours. Then I came back, rested, and wrote some more while eating some nasi goreng (only three more days of nasi goreng!). Then I rested again. And then I dragged Erin to Pacha Mama so that I could enjoy one last meal there - we lounged on one of the sofas, ate delicious vegetarian mexican, and talked about writing and novels, and travel, which was great.

Then we walked back, and I ditched her along the road to pop in to Element and have a drink with Tamara - I'd avoided drinking at Pacha Mama, but I decided one last glass of wine at Element (if it's the last glass) would be good. We talked for quite awhile before heading back, and when I got here I realized the washing machine was free, so I decided to do laundry despite the hour. That resulted in a lot of time spent hanging around the kitchen doing nothing...although my conversation with Olia (a Russian who teaches English and also is very very into yoga) was great, and I enjoyed bantering with Xiao and Meg (don't bother to learn any of these names, because in three days I'll be going elsewhere and there will be a whole new cast of characters to introduce).

But now my laundry is done (although still damp for dumb reasons), and I must sleep so I can accomplish allll the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: