Saturday, February 11, 2017

it's raining men

It's not raining men, but it was certainly raining enough today to sound like little men were hitting the roof at terminal velocity. This was one of the wettest days we've had here, I think - it started raining sometime midmorning and basically didn't stop. I'm going a bit stir crazy, since I spent the whole day working on the roof (although I slept last in deference to the fact that I didn't get enough sleep the night before). But the writing that I got done was good, and the business work was also good, and I also took a break to talk to Sarah (of course), and I also did laundry, so #noregrets.

At six, I had a side meeting with Sarah, Xavier, and Tamara - we're in early discussions to potentially come back to Bali later in the year and rent a villa. I'm personally not in any position to commit yet...while I'm definitely enjoying significant elements of the nomadic lifestyle, I'm not positive yet that I'll still be enjoying it by the end of the year. But I've been more productive this past month than I was for most months of last year, and there's a lot to be said for that. And I'd like to come back to Bali when it's not the rainy season - and there's a major writing festival here at the end of October, which is appealing. But we at least agreed to what we'd theoretically want to spend and where we'd theoretically want to look - the idea is that we could have some places in mind (and possibly have one of us actually look at a couple), and then confirm it when we get a little closer and can make some real decisions.

sssanyway. Chances are I'll come back to the US and decide that I need to live someplace with a desk and friends rather than traveling forever, but we'll see. Ironically, we then went out for dinner and I had a sudden introvert meltdown and had a moment where I would have happily never seen anyone I've met here ever again. But I think that's because I've done too many group things, and not enough hermity things, and the emotional stress of saying goodbye to people while also meeting new people is weighing on me. Alex and Sanj left today, which was a bummer; several other people showed up, and I spent some time trying to guess their life stories. And that all takes a very different kind of energy than talking to people whom you've known forever.

Anyway - enough of all that, it's time to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: