Monday, February 06, 2017

midnight in a perfect world

Today was an experiment in trying to be more productive that didn't actually result in any additional productivity...but I was still happy, so I'll chalk it up as a minor win. I woke up at 6:45 (shocker) so that I could call my parents, but I went downstairs to make tea first and ended up spending almost an hour talking to Tamara (and making eggs for breakfast). Then I called my parents - it was around the time I usually call them back home, but that meant I kind of interrupted the Super Bowl for them (and by 'kinda' I mean 'definitely', but it was the early part).

After that, I showered and went upstairs and worked for awhile. That was successful. Then I met up with Sanj and walked to Elephant Cafe for lunch - the original plan was to go to the ATM (very necessary), have lunch (slightly less necessary, but fun and delicious), and then go to yoga. Instead, we went to the ATM, had a long lunch, and skipped yoga entirely. Sanj left a couple of hours after we got there, but I stayed and tried to work for an hour, with v. mixed results since I was falling asleep the whole time despite all the coffee I had today.

So I walked home in the brutally oppressive heat, stopping to buy a pair of earrings and a couple of dresses (having cash is dangerous). Then I spent way too much time trying to cool off in my room before showering and going upstairs to work. The first hour and a half of work was actually great, but then I started talking to Tamara, and then Sanj showed up, and we started talking about fertility (which made me want wine, which I ordered, along with some nasi goreng because I was *starving*), and that turned into two glasses of wine, and then Sanj and Tamara spent a lot of time trying to get a French guy with a manbun to realize that he needs to break up with his girlfriend asap. At some point I realized that this conversation was 'no longer serving me' (in other words, I was wasting a lot of time on something that meant basically nothing to me), so I ran away to my room.

But it's too late to write tonight - I have to get up early again tomorrow so that I can go to Denpasar (the state capital) to get my fingerprints taken for my visa renewal. Goodnight!

No comments: