Friday, February 17, 2017

put my thing down, flip it and reverse it

I had an amazing time at my silent retreat - so amazing that I can't really put it into words. And also, I am desperate to sleep - it's 10:23pm, but I went to bed by nine for the last three nights because there were basically no lights in the retreat (it was solar powered, so I could read with a reading lamp, but that gets old), so I've hit my wall for the day. Also, I left the retreat and returned straight into eight hours of socializing, which was too much (albeit good).

So you're going to have to wait for a recap - just suffice it to say that the retreat was incredible, the location was stunning, the food was great (I never knew how much I liked curried cassava until now), I was glad I smuggled in some caffeinated tea, and I'm already trying to figure out when I can go back for a week. But now I need to sleep, and enjoy the air conditioning + the fact that I can't hear any frogs/birds/insects making a glorious cacophony (the humans were all silent, but the jungle did not get the memo). Goodnight!

No comments: