Monday, February 19, 2018

anything you can do i can do better

I've been loving my time at home, with plenty of relaxation and Olympics watching...and a little bit of identity theft to spice things up. I discovered yesterday, through a timely running of my credit report, that someone opened a Kohls account in my name and had bought something in December, and while it wasn't considered delinquent yet, I'm sure it was about to become so. They had also put several hard hits on my credit in an attempt to open other credit cards, so I'm not sure yet whether any of them actually went through - but I'm hoping not.

So, I spent more time yesterday dealing with that than I would have liked, but hopefully I caught it early enough that I can rectify it all without too much drama. Otherwise, it's been a v. uneventful trip - we had prime rib in Seymour last night, of course, and also spent some time arguing about politics (of course, although I was surprised when [censored] went all in today, since [censored] usually [censored]). Aunt B also came down today, and we spent a lot of time talking about bees (I am destined to pick up some strange hobbies, although I don't know if I'll develop fascinations for bees, rocks, or peacocks first...but they're all destined to hit me at some point given how those hobbies seem to run in the family).

Sadly, [censored] had to leave this afternoon, and then I spent some quality time watching biathlon and napping. We had ham and beans for supper tonight (dinner of champions, especially with cornbread), and then I watched Olympics all night. I also journaled a bit after the Olympics were over for the night, which felt great at the time - but now I'm regretting not going to bed an hour ago, so I need to rectify that immediately. Goodnight!

No comments: