Friday, February 23, 2018

mom's spaghetti

Today started entirely too early after entirely too little sleep, but it ended v. well, so I'll take it. I got up a little after seven and started slogging immediately so that I could finish creating a presentation before my meetings started at 10. I accomplished this at 9:47, at which point I had to change out of my robe and into some clothes (sans shower) and slather some makeup on so that I could take videoconferences at home from ten to twelve.

But then I drove Terry over to the office, where we had lunch with Natasha. That was a delightful interlude, even if I was made fun of by my team, who were sitting at a nearby table and watching me eat lunch with the people I ditched the team lunch for (#noregrets). Then I gave Terry a tour of the office and we sat on an indoor swing (as one does) and drank some hot beverages before coming back to my place.

Then I slogged until almost 4:30, and then I coerced Terry into watching the rest of last night's ladies figure skating (I was slightly sad about who won, but I'm sure I will forget this in the next four years). And then we went out in Boulder - we were supposed to go to Denver tonight, but it started snowing (and snowed quite a bit), so we stayed local. Our first stop was the bar in the basement of the Boulderado, where we split some truffle fries and I had a tasty old fashioned. Then, we walked several blocks through the snow, which was falling in an idyllic, gentle manner, and we arrived at our next destination complete covered in flakes.

Our dinner reservation was at Emmerson, which someone on my team went to a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed - and there's a good chance it could become my new Des Amis (although I'm not totally sure since they don't have steak frites, but I can probably slum it with something else). The interior decor was perfect, made even more perfect by all the windows and the snow falling like a perfect snowglobe outside. Terry and I split a v. tasty bottle of wine, a salad and some bread (don't tell my intestines), and I had some v. delicious gnocchi. We also had dessert, and while it was all extravagant, it was less extravagant than SF or NYC, so we left full and happy.

Then we came home and watched some Olympics, but with the little bit of sleep we both got last night, we were crashing early, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: