Tuesday, February 27, 2018

you ain't getting over him

Today was pretty great, all in all. I slept until almost eight, and then I drank some coffee, showered, and said my fond farewells to Terry. Then I went to the office, where I slogged most of the day - but my morning presentation (not super high pressure) went well, and my evening presentation (v. high pressure) went very well, so that was all great news.

So, high on life and needing a break, I left the office at 6:30 and went to Sephora, where I dropped a lot of money on products to make my face look like I've been hanging out in Bali instead of getting a tan from flourescents and laptop screens. Then I came home, drank a couple of perfect glasses of wine (Banshee's Mordecai, a red blend which I adore), and read a romance novel. This was partially work, since it's that time of year when I need to judge RITA entries and realize that I've put it off so long that I have to read a book every single night. But the book was decent enough, and reading for a few hours with a glass of wine was way more relaxing than anything else that's going on, so I'll totally take it.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: