Sunday, February 25, 2018

put that record on again

I'm back in Boulder and it's back to the grind tomorrow, so I should really go to bed. Today was fun, though - I got plenty of sleep, and then I spent the morning working (okay, maybe it wasn't totally fun, but I'm glad I got some stuff done). Terry went skiing while I worked, which I didn't miss at all - and then she came back to the house to drop off her ski stuff, and we took a shuttle into the village to grab a late lunch at a Mexican place. My margarita was only okay, but my enchiladas were decent, and I enjoyed talking to Terry while watching the utter destruction some children were causing next to us.

Then we went to the lobby of the Hyatt, where Terry had a glass of wine and I had a cup of coffee. She was reading a book that I had forced upon her, so I took the opportunity to call my parents, who were in fine form. Then we went back to the house, threw all our stuff in the car, and drove back to Denver.

The drive took 2.5hrs, made slightly longer by an ill-advised detour to find a gas station (I was v. inefficient). When we got to Denver, we picked up Katie and went to Linger for dinner - this was the first time that Katie and Terry had actually met, so we had to go out and make it special. We split some devils on horseback (bacon wrapped dates, obvi), and I had a pad thai that was pretty tasty (although possibly not as good as Terry's dosa). We talked politics for quite awhile, but it all eventually devolved into me and Katie gossiping about Iowa (which we usually do, even when no one else is interested).

But eventually we had to part ways, and I drove back to Boulder, where Terry and I said our goodbyes in advance in case our paths don't cross as we're both getting out the door in the morning. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: