Tuesday, February 20, 2018

i'm a ghost, i call your name, you look right through me

I'm back in Boulder after a whirlwind trip...and after dealing with a lot of winter weather, which is the downside of traveling in February. I had a pretty relaxed day for the most part, since I slept until 9:30 or so and then hung out and had breakfast with the parents before packing. I spent the afternoon chatting with them, but I had to leave a little before 5pm to head to the airport - it looked like we could get some wintery weather, so I didn't want to leave too late.

The drive to Des Moines was totally uneventful, and I got there right on time - which turned out to be early since my flight was 20+min late. So I had a salad and a glass of wine while doing a tiny bit of work, and then I boarded my flight - which was overloaded on the front, so I switched to a seat in the back, which felt a little bizarre since I've never had that happen on a jet that seats more than six people. But after we deiced and finally got off the ground, the flight was uneventful, and I finished reading A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, which was omg-so-good-you-need-to-read-it-like-now.

Then I got to Denver, where I was supremely glad that I paid an absurd amount to park my car in a garage (and right by the door to the terminal) instead of in a godforsaken economy lot because it was seven degrees and had snowed several inches tonight. So the drive home turned out to be unexpectedly treacherous and took almost thirty minutes longer than usual, which was v. unwelcome.

But I made it home, and my home seems to be in one piece, and now I need to sleep so that I can rest my eyeballs for seven hours before starting a week that already appears to be shaping up to be the stuff of nightmares. Goodnight!

No comments: