Monday, February 05, 2018

heaven sent

I just accidentally stayed up too late, but at least it's not three a.m. like it was last night when I realized that fact. I don't think I'll get up in time to write in the morning, but it's all for a good (enough) cause - I was working on a presentation tonight that I've been putting off forever, and if I can slog during some of the hours at work tomorrow, I might actually have something worth discussing.

sssanyway. Since I went to bed so late last night, I didn't get out of bed until 10:30, which gave me v. little actual time to get anything done this morning. I did some financial stuff, so that was good, and I also showered and ate some peanut butter before going on my only task of the day - a two-hour massage. Yes, I'm spoiled...but I'm also falling apart, since my left side has two different places where it feels like I've screwed up a muscle or something, so I thought a massage might be a good idea.

I really liked the place I tried - the massage therapist was an excellent massage therapist and v. bad with technology, so there was no music and she had trouble figuring out how to charge me, but the massage itself was great. She was a little more intuitive than some I've had (she beat the soles of my feet to 'ground me in Boulder so I won't move back to California' - a bit weird, but hey, I'd be happy if it worked). But I left feeling awesome, even if I did promptly undo all her handiwork by sitting on my couch and hunching over my laptop for the last five hours....

When I left the massage place, I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up a few tings, then came home and called my parents (who were in fine form). Then I made chicken tortilla soup - it was super easy tonight because I had everything already chopped up in the freezer, so I just had to defrost the individual bags with the veggies, chicken, diced tomatoes, and diced tortillas. The only thing I had to prep to add was a couple of cloves of garlic and the spices, so it was as easy as it possibly could have been. And it turned out deliciously, as always, so yay for that (and for the leftovers I'll have tomorrow).

But while it was cooking, and after I ate, I worked for five hours. No, working on the weekend isn't going to be my fate, but I really wanted to get this fucking thing done so I can move on with my work life. So now I'm going to go to bed, slog all day tomorrow, and hopefully be mostly done tomorrow night so I can get back to writing in the mornings. Goodnight!

No comments: