Wednesday, February 07, 2018

someday you'll pay the price i know

Today was pretty brutal, all in all. I forced myself to get up at seven even though I didn't want to get out of bed at all, and I also successfully wrote for twenty minutes before getting ready for work - not exactly a stellar performance, but better than nothing, and possibly the only thing that cleared my head enough to get through the day. The writing in the morning thing really is working, even though it's hard to remember that when the rest of the day is a blur....

So, my day started with an 8:30 meeting, and I went straight until 6:30 without any real break. Katie happened to call during my free fifteen minutes, which was delightful. I also had fifteen minutes this afternoon, so I went for a walk around the building to clear my head - which did help a little bit, but by the end of the day I was so wiped out that I was having trouble staying coherent. Nothing bad happened by any means, but my first 2.5hrs of meetings were me talking for the entire thing, which tapped me out and made it hard to get through several hours of 1:1 meetings (where it's blatantly obvious if you aren't paying attention, so I had to stay focused).

But I left the office at 6:30, came home, and refused to do any work at all (beyond sending two emails from my phone). Instead, I ate the last of my leftover soup and proceeded to watch random stuff on TV - some live skiing from Pyeongchang to test out my tv setup for the Olympics, and a bunch of SNL clips because I didn't want to commit to a full episode of anything. Yes, my life is super glamorous.

And now it's time for bed - eight or nine hours of sleep and some writing before work will go a long way toward restoring my humors. Goodnight!

No comments: