Thursday, February 08, 2018

soon i'll be sixty years old

Today was not too bad, all in all - it certainly wasn't the exercise in pain that yesterday was, even if I didn't help myself out because I somehow managed to miss breakfast. I got plenty of sleep last night, managed to write for thirty minutes (I'm getting somewhere, maybe, somehow, with the gargoyles), and then made it into work just in time for my 9:30am meeting (although I missed breakfast, as stated above, with horrible consequences for my mood/stomach).

I had meetings straight from 9:30 to 1, and then I took a break and ate lunch without looking at my laptop, which was critical. Then I worked pretty much straight until six, although I seized an opportunity in the late afternoon to drive home before my last meeting of the day. So, when things ended at six, I promptly closed my laptop and spent and hour and a half doing mostly nothing - other than watching some figure skating, although I didn't get to watch as much of it as I wanted to.

Then, I ended up meeting a coworker and her sister for drinks at the bar in the basement of the Hotel Boulderado. I went to that hotel for drinks with the fam when people were out here for Thanksgiving, but we had stayed upstairs then - the downstairs bar is smaller, more intimate, and quite fun (especially since they had live music tonight). I had a couple of decent daiquiris and some v. fun conversation, so it was worth going out even if part of me wanted to stay huddled up on the couch with my beloved Olympics....

But that's a plan for another night (namely, every night for the next two weeks). Right now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: