Friday, February 16, 2018

you're the reason that i just can't concentrate

Hello from ye olde Iowa! I had a relatively long day, but it wasn't all bad - today was 'dress like an Olympian day' at work, and I managed to be five minutes late to my first meeting because I was too busy piling on mascara and eyeshadow to complete my ice skater look. I also wore a sparkly dress over leggings, pulled my hair back, wore a fake gold medal, and carried a bouquet of flowers - the flowers really sold it, and I got many compliments (and some strange looks from people who hadn't gotten the memo).

So I had meetings all day, with just enough time to work on other stuff that I didn't go totally insane. I left around 4:15, ran home, threw some stuff in a suitcase, tidied up around the house, and drove to the airport, where I had enough time to eat dinner at my beloved Cantina Grill and answer some emails before boarding my flight. I slept most of the way, landed in Des Moines a little after 11pm, picked up a rental car, and drove home, where I arrived around 1am. I'm only here through the weekend, but it'll be nice to have a break - I'm going to do my best to not check (work) email, although I also have hopes of getting through some personal email and other tasks that I've been neglecting.

But that's all for tomorrow - now it's almost two a.m. here, so I should really sleep if I'm going to get up and actually say hi to my parents beyond the greetings I gave them by waking them up when I got home. Goodnight!

No comments: