Tuesday, December 20, 2005

it must be your skin 'cause i'm sinking in...it must be for real 'cause now i can feel.

I actually accomplished things at work today (gasp!). I also saw Lauren, aka Subz, who returned from the Hyderabad office today. Even though our time together was brief, since I had an appointment until 11:30 and she had to leave at 12 to wait for the Comcast guy, it was fantastic to see her. I've really missed the expat group, the people in the Hyderabad office, and India in general, and so it was nice to see someone who was an integral part of that experience. I'm really looking forward to the annual conference in January, since I'll see even more of the expats--and I'm rooming with Arod, who I miss tremendously. I'm getting over the fact that I'm no longer in India, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish that all the people I loved there were back here with me.

After work, I had an unplanned dinner with Can; since this was the second time in two days that he IM'd me and referenced the fact that he would have to eat ramen alone in Shedletsky's apartment if no one took him out to dinner, I decided to hang out with him. It was really nice. We went to the Italian place on California Ave. that Shedletsky likes, and dinner was tasty. I never spend much time with Can on his own, and he's much less ADD-ish when he's only with one other person, so we actually had a sustained, semi-intelligble conversation. Amazing! I dropped him off and randomly decided to drive up into the hills. I spent the next hour or so driving fast through the curves and inclines of the foothills, cruising along Skyline and admiring the brief glimpses of civilization glittering under the haze-covered moon. My stereo was pumping out 'Sixteen Stone', Bush's seminal CD, and my sunroof was open and the windows were down. There's nothing more cleansing and soothing than speeding alone in the relative wilderness. I got home in time to hang out briefly with Claudius, and now it's time to sleep. Christmas is in less than six days! Yay!

No comments: