Wednesday, May 10, 2006

i can't think of a title

I can't think of a title, and I can't think of anything important to say. I woke up this morning at 8:40, panicked because I wondered if I'd forgotten a meeting at 9, so ran in without showering or doing much about my makeup, then arrived to discover that I didn't have any meetings until eleven. Sigh. Then, I ended up staying until around eight, but I wasn't getting much accomplished, so I came home and watched tv with Sonam while eating some ordered-in chicken tikka masala. It's funny; if it weren't for the accents and the bad appliances, I could pretend I was in America, since most of the tv shows are American--I watched 'That 70's Show' and 'Everybody Loves Raymond', and now I'm watching an old episode of 'Frasier'. With my Aran sweater, my Australia socks (that have survived seven years somehow--I can't believe it's seven years since I graduated from high school and went to Australia with my youngest aunt!), and the American tv show playing in the background, I feel oh-so-multicultural.

I'm too tired to keep up the pretense of blogging, so I'm going to go to bed. Tomorrow, I need to get some stuff done, and also make plans for the weekend. Lizzie is visiting from the US, and we're going to try to go to Belfast and Giant's Causeway, but that depends on whether I can get everything arranged. I'm going to sleep now, so that hopefully I'll have enough energy tomorrow to get through the day. Oh, and I have to interview someone tomorrow, which I'm not really looking forward to. I haven't interviewed anyone in over six months, and the rules are different here. In India, you can ask people absolutely anything, but here there are actual anti-discrimination laws, so hopefully I'll remember not to ask whether the person is pregnant. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The uncle says: At the Giant's Causeway hike UP from the visitor center to the top of the bluff, walk down to the causeway and carry some sterling to pay for the bus ride back should you decide not to walk. Have your pic taken in the giant's boot like your cousin did. Since you will be in the neighborhood you really should visit the rope bridge, a few miles (Yes "miles", it is in the UK afterall.) to the east.

We watched European TV whilst in Ireland. Really liked their version of Deal/No Deal.

Glad to see you got some sunny weather whilst in Galway, et al.

Anonymous said...

You wonder where time has gone...Well here is one item that makes me feel really old and you old at the same time...lol


Your oldest neice is graduating the 8th grade in 7 days!!! If that isn't enough of a sock Bubba will be in 7th grade in less then 3 weeks.

Miss you and glad you are having a good time see you soon

Anonymous said...

Iron Road Ireland, the railway company, has daily train tours from Dublin to County Antrim for bus tours of the causeway, etc.

Anonymous said...

This shouldn't concern you except that, just don't expect to get your bloody black backpack back.