Thursday, May 04, 2006

the urgency of now

I have nothing exciting to report about today, since it involved work, work, and more work--and meetings in which I got work piled on top of what I already have. I need to be better about setting limits, but I have trouble delegating when I'm the most logical person to complete a given task. Oh, well, it doesn't matter...whatever doesn't get done tomorrow can't get done over the weekend, and enforced relaxation is exactly what I need right now.

Galway promises to be lovely; after talking to Lauren and some other people, I decided to forsake exploring the city proper on Sunday and take a bus tour of the countryside instead. Hopefully, between the Saturday daytrip to the Aran Islands and the Sunday excursion through the Irish countryside, I will once again be content living in a city for awhile.

So, I hope y'all will understand if I don't blog until Sunday or Monday; after I leave work tomorrow afternoon, I am going to endeavor not to check my email until I get back. That means that I'm not taking my laptop with me, and I will not seek out an internet cafe while I'm gone. Can I survive that long without internet? Is this as stupid and self-destructive as David Blaine trying to survive for a week in a bubble full of water? Perhaps, but at least my skin won't fall off in the attempt (unless I contract some sort of skin fungus and can't use the internet to self-diagnose and treat my problem). Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

riturani said...

OMG!
THIS IS AWESOME!!!
i was just thinking of how sad this summer would be w/out you when vidya directed me to your blog...
all things in the universe are righting themselves again!!!!
I MISS YOU WAMPLER & I CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE YOU AROUND IN JUNE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The uncle says you are somewhat entitled to wear the Casey clan sweater from Isles of Aran. You also have some claim on Dalton and Mead(e). Each family had a different weave in its sweaters so that in the case of a fatal fishing accident when the body washed ashore at least the proper clan could be notified.

Emily said...

I think you should definitely buy some amazing Aran sweaters, too - they are BEAUTIFUL (but yes, a little scratchy at times). When you're on Dun Aonghasa (on the largest of the Aran islands), hold your hat or it'll fly away... oh, and bring food with you because you'll get super-hungry on the boat ferry over... :) And don't decide to hike the length of the island while making up limericks and taking fotos of cows. You'll have to hitchhike back on an out-of-service tourbus and you'll come close to missing the last ferry home. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

YAY. I GOT A MENTION ON YOUR BLOG THROUGH RI2D2

Not Applicable said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Not Applicable said...

whoops, wrong site. here you go:
pictures of david blaine, the human prune -
http://towleroad.typepad.com/towleroad/2006/05/david_blaine_th.html

- tammzh