Tuesday, October 23, 2007

and if i had my chance i would never let you go

Alan/Ellen (aka Walter's parents) and Tammy (aka tammmmmmeh)- are you and your families okay?

I don't have much of substance to report tonight. I went to work, where I worked. I spent some lovely time with Heather (aka dear respected madam), my former manager/fellow expat in Hyderabad, which was v. nice - it was good to see her without having to go to the evil city (aka San Francisco) to do so. I also left work early and had dinner with Terry, which was good for my psyche even if it wasn't good for my productivity. I came home, worked a bit, read up on Scotland, and now I'm ready to go to bed. I have a meeting at 7:30am, which is just brutal, so I should really get some sleep.

Two future plans, though, before I go to bed:

1) I think I want to spend some time in Scotland in the next few months - I was reading up on the Highlands in my Great Britain guidebook, and there are some lovely places that I could get to by bus that are then so remote that bed and breakfasts are really cheap. I could finally follow through on my dream of going to Orkney! And in any case, some quality time in Scotland would be great research for my novel, and possibly tax deductible if I keep the receipts and publish the damn thing.

2) My parents arrive Thursday! I'm debating switching the order of activities and going to SF on Friday and wine country on Saturday instead, since driving up to Napa and back in rush hour doesn't sound fun, and we can get tickets for Alcatraz and do touristy things with fewer tourists in SF on Friday. But, this is all open for debate with the parents, who are going to be subjected to my tyranny for a couple of days. I can't wait!

That's all for now - goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the concern. I packed up my important stuff (aka my balenciaga and marc jacobs bags and that irrepleaceable blue tshirt you designed for loro) because i'm 5 min from rancho santa fe and could see the flames a couple miles down. But so far, nothing. Not being able to go to work is making me go bored out of my mind. I'm also going to have an effing aneurysm, because the only radio station still working is filled with self-righteous Republican pundits who - between fire updates - are already beginning to blame illegal aliens for starting the fires. My one entertainment is watching my neighbor hose down his house every hour on the hour while wearing a face mask - drama queen.

Anyways, this will entertain you - the Iron Chancellor would be so proud:
http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/cocaine-injection-killed-london-playboy/20071010142709990001?cid=27

- tz

Anonymous said...

We are doing well. Instead of marc jacobs bags I chose to pack my new bike, but fortunately we were never asked to evacuate. We saw flames about 2 miles away.

Anonymous said...

Remember, your aunt and uncle went over the sea to Skye. Please take me to Scotland. Does this mean the Trans-Siberian is derailed?