Thursday, October 18, 2007

i got the green light, i got a little fight, i'm gonna turn this thing around

Today, I slogged, of course. It was a decent day, though, and I figured out what I'm going to be for Halloween - Toucan Sam! It fits in with a group theme that my team at work is doing (dressing up for work is virtually mandatory). I ordered a pair of bird-feet slippers and yellow tights online; now, I just need to track down the rest of it. I think that I can make a beak out of some styrofoam cups glued together and painted, perhaps, although it won't have the same shape as a toucan beak - any ideas? I also need to find a cheap blue dress or something and some feathers. But, I'm quite excited to actually know with nearly two weeks to spare, unlike usual, so I should be able to put something together.

After slogging, I had dinner with Terry, in which I had waaaay too many chips with my enchiladas. Then, I came home, recovered on the couch while watching some Tivo, and then worked/read email for the past couple of hours. I don't know how I get so much email - I get at least 100 messages a day, and I usually send ~20. Which I suppose explains how I get so much email, since I generate a lot. But if I don't check email every day, I quickly begin to drown. I've done a much better job of keeping it down than I have in the past - I reached the point earlier this summer where I had hundreds of unread, and somewhat important, messages just sitting, waiting until someone cared enough to resend it to me. Bleh.

I think I'm going to go write in my journal for awhile, and then go to bed so that I can get up and do it all again. I hope that you all have a lovely night! And to Adit, thanks so much for the heartfelt messages - you really are a light in a cold and heartless world. Goodnight!

No comments: