Tuesday, October 16, 2007

o tannenbaum

For some reason, tonight I am really looking forward to Christmas. I really am just like a little kid - Christmas is still over two months away, but it's one of my favorite times of the year. What isn't there to love? Fun with the family, great food, decorations that bring back memories of times gone by, awesome presents...and the inevitability that something ridiculous will happen. You know how much I love ridiculous things, so any time when multiple people get together to celebrate something always brings the chance for a great memory.

Work was fine today, although unexciting; I had to be there at 8am for a conference call for a project that I'm no longer working on, and spent the rest of the day in meetings to make up for the fact that I stayed home sick yesterday and canceled those meetings. I spent some quality time with Laura this evening - we didn't end up making crafts, but we did discuss work and life while eating dinner from one of the cafes on campus, so that was nice. Then I came home, and while I should have done some work, I boycotted instead, surfed the net, and watched my tivo'd copy of last night's 'How I Met Your Mother.' Have I mentioned again how much I love my Tivo?

Adit is not staying with me tonight, which means I have the place to myself. It also means that I can periodically lift my shirt up and examine the weird swelling bumps on the lower left side of my back - it looks like I was bitten twenty times by a small spider or something. It doesn't really hurt hurt, it's just annoying, and it does hurt when it rubs up against something. Ugh. But it's not nearly as bad as the spider bite that my friend Jenni had in South Africa, which she popped in the bathroom one night at three a.m., shooting so much bloody pus on the mirror that it looked like she'd thrown strawberry yogurt at it with a spoon, and leaving a hole in her arm so large that she could have fit a jelly bean in the crater. Ew, right? And now that I have shared that lovely image with you, it's time for bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That next button goes to some weird places.

Unknown said...

does the next button take you to the next level?