Tuesday, October 23, 2007

i just want something...something for nothing

Today was a slogging kind of day...one of those days where half of the emails coming into my inbox filled me with a kind of sick dread without even opening them. Isn't that sad? But, I had lunch with a couple of fellow old-schoolers; we sat in the back of the cafe and groused about our lives like a bunch of jaded seniors. Given that my four-year anniversary is this coming Thursday, the analogy works pretty well. However, in both high school and college, my parents had to pay for my lunch, while this was free and significantly tastier - I had a nice premade turkey sandwich with provolone, roasted peppers, and olives, with a side of vegan black bean chili (surprisingly good - even for an Iowan like me who typically views vegan food with complete disdain). So, yes, I'm spoiled.

All in all, life isn't really that bad - I'm just not particularly excited about most of it. But, I am excited to see my parents! I was chatting with Emily (one of the directors) today, and mentioned that they were coming out - and she asked if we could convince them to move out here so that I wouldn't be tempted to move back to Iowa. I just laughed - the idea of my parents moving to California is rather ridiculous to even contemplate. It was funny that she said that, though - clearly I talk about Iowa too much. Now, though, I should go to bed so that I can continue the slog tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: