Tuesday, August 12, 2008

just one...more...routine

I lied in my earlier post; once I started watching the women's gymnastics final (because I wanted to see the men's 4x200m freestyle relay, which was in the middle of the gymnastics), I couldn't stop. Now it's 12:30am and I have to wake up in seven hours. But for those of you who are on the west coast, where NBC says the coverage is 'live' when really it's only live in the eastern/central time zones, you're in for a treat -- Bela Karolyi has to be one of the most awesome commentators in existence, perhaps even topping my beloved Dick Button (who has commentated ice skating since the days of radio). The fact that he was able to work in allegations about the Chinese gymnasts being underage in just about every statement was nothing short of amazing.

Now, though, I really am going to bed!

1 comment:

f...... said...

Bela Karolyi was even more amazing when he and the American Men's Team were interviewed during the 6-8 PM Oxygen Olympics Coverage. He was so giddy, he was speaking beyond a mile a minute.

P.S. Oxygen's pre-primetime olympics coverage includes lady-friendly sports like equestrian stuff, gymnatics, tennis, etc.