Tuesday, August 12, 2008

nothing cutens up a country like panda bears

I love Mary Carillo -- she's the commentator on NBC who's doing the reports on Chinese culture, and she just did a story on pandas. She also sounds like a man, which makes the story about pandas even better.

Today was good, albeit exhausting; we basically sat in a conference room and brainstormed all day, which is an activity I have devoted far too much of my life to. Afterward, one of my coworkers and I had a drink at the bar on the first floor of the office building while waiting for our other coworkers to get done with their meetings; my strawberry/basil caipiroska was absolutely perfect, and I wish that I could make drinks that delicious. Then, we all went over to the team manager's house for a barbecue. The house was lovely, the barbecue was great, and we had a v. fun evening. I'm glad it ended earlier than last night, though; I hope to sleep a lot tonight so that I can make it through tomorrow, get on the plane, sleep some more, and then catch up on the Olympics coverage that I've missed.

I watched some beach volleyball tonight and I'm going to watch the Michael Phelps race, but then I'm going to go to bed without watching women's gymnastics. I think that I accidentally saw the results of the men's gymnastics; the hotel put the newspaper on my bed, and when I came in I saw a fragment of headline before hastily flipping it over. But I want to watch gymnastics with Tammy when I get home, so I'm going to go to bed before the gymnasts take the floor. And then as soon as I'm back in SF, it's all Olympics all the time until they're over. Yay!!!

1 comment:

f...... said...

Mary Castillo - your comment had me laughing out loud on my lunch break! my roommates could not stop talking about her less-feminine features or about how underage the Chinese women appear to be.