Monday, November 03, 2008

arm yourself because no one else here will save you

This is a four-minute post. I meant to get a lot of work done this afternoon, but I slacked off instead -- I played Wii with Heather, Pete, and Mike, which involved an hour and a half of tennis and bowling. It was quite fun, even if it's clear that we're all rather competitive. It was a good warm-up for the evening activity -- the team planned a trivia night, held in one of the big conference rooms, and so we played team trivia from 6:30-8.

The managers on my team played as a group, and we tied for second, which was v. respectable. I felt extremely old, though; there were a couple of rounds of movie-related questions, and we realized that all of us were old enough to see most of the movies in the theatre when they came out, while all of our team members are at least five years younger than us (and in the case of the girl who turned 21 (!) today, six years younger than me and eight years younger than Pete). I managed to have fun even though we lost -- anyone who saw me back when I played Brain Bowl (i.e. Katie, my partner in brain bowl crime) knows how much I hate to lose at trivia competitions.

I made it home and caught up on some random small things, but now it's time for bed. I'm going to work tomorrow, but coming home early to hole up and watch the returns -- I'm predicting a brutal bloodbath, and a lot of depressing conversations with my parents for the next few years. Or, if you're 90% of my blog readership, I'm predicting victory for you. Congratulations, I guess :)

Four minutes are up, goodnight!

No comments: