Sunday, November 23, 2008

over the river and through the woods

If you've ever wondered why I'm crazy, I chalk it up to my formative youth. Case in point -- my father today told me that fertilized eggs are better for you, and when I asked him why, he said that it's the 'little bit of spoo' in them. Yay.

I got to hear this bit of wisdom in person -- I'm in Iowa for the week! It was a surprise; no one knew I was coming except the people at work (in particular Terry, with whom I trusted my itinerary in case I died and she needed to call my parents). I just bought the tickets on Monday, but I got a fabulous deal, and so I'm staying until Saturday. I successfully surprised my parents, which was exactly what I wanted -- maybe I just wanted to be that awesome 1980s Folgers commercial where the guy comes home early on Christmas morning and wakes up his parents with some freshly-brewed coffee. But I didn't brew coffee (although I did have convenience-store cappuccino, a far-but-delicious cry from my nonfat lattes) -- instead, I sat around and watched Mom make supper for me. The only person not pleased to see me was my brother, but that may have been because he'd put a bunch of stuff in my room -- or it may be because he genuinely hates me.

Anyway, Iowa is good, but I'm ready for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: