Wednesday, November 05, 2008

the formula has made you free

This is going to be a four-minute post if I can make it that long. I'm exhausted -- I don't think it's because I'm truly tired, but my contacts started fogging over around 5pm, I had no solution with me, and I had to make it through a two-hour dinner in Palo Alto before I could come home, so I just got home fifteen minutes ago. But perhaps I'm exhausted by the rest of the week -- I have meetings all day tomorrow starting at 8am, and all day Friday as well, and I have some major progress to make on a critical project that somehow has to happen even though I'm in meetings all day. This used to not be a problem because I would just work at home for four or five hours every night, but when you're no longer willing to do that, the whole schedule becomes slightly impossible to resolve.

But today was good, even if there was an accident on the freeway that made me later than intended (I actually saw the aftermath before the cops or rescue crews got there -- looked like someone merged directly into someone else, since the cars were smashed together side by side, with two or three cars piled up behind them). I had a strategy thing in the morning that was fun, then had lunch w/my team leads, and then spent the afternoon in other good meetings. Dinner was at Gordon Biersch with Lizzie, Sarah, and Jane; I haven't seen Jane since Jen's going-away party in August, so that was good. We discussed a lot of politics, but it stayed pretty civil, so my blood pressure didn't go up. And I thought some more about running for office in Iowa someday -- I think maybe it should happen, I just don't know if I want to commit myself to public service or if I should just focus on my literary endeavors.

Okay, four minutes are up, goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YOU CAN....that is slightly nauseating...but i couldn't help it. If you run for office, I can say that I knew you way back when...before you wrote romance novels and you entered into public office.

-z

Sara said...

@z - I think that romance novels may stop me from getting the conservative vote, unless we can remake the party and kick out the Christian Coalition :(