Sunday, November 30, 2008

he talks like a gentleman

I successfully made it back to San Francisco tonight, after traveling for a little over eleven hours. The fact that my parents live an hour and a half from the airport and there are no direct flights makes the trip ridiculously long, and happily for me I get to do it again in less than three weeks!

But, the time at home was good and my trip back was uneventful. I spent most of it reading "The Lives of the English Rakes," which is a fascinating history of some of the most debauched men in England. It covers the Restoration, the late Georgian/Regency period, and the late Victorian/early Edwardian periods; while the Georgian/Regency period is of most interest for my romance novels, the Restoration rakes were awesomely insane in their own right. I read the whole thing; for more info, you'll have to check out my Sara Ramsey blog in a couple of days.

I suppose I should go to bed; I need to accomplish some stuff tomorrow, and I will likely see Katrina. Then it's back to work on Monday -- it will be interesting to see how well I can get back into work mode when I know that I'm going home again in only eighteen days. Goodnight!

No comments: