Monday, January 19, 2009

i guess i stuck around so i could watch us fight for all the wrong reasons

Yes, I quoted Nickelback. Suck it!

Today was lovely, and comprised of a significant amount of family time. I woke up in time to buy some groceries, enjoy a leisurely cup of tea, take a shower, blowdry my hair, and talk to my parents before Adit showed up in the early afternoon. As mentioned, he invited himself, John, Jess, and Katrina over for dinner tonight, but he came over around 12:30 to work and watch football and work. So we hung out for a few hours before beginning to prepare our culinary contributions to tonight's "party".

It turned out to be the best party ever -- we ended up watching several episodes of "The O.C." and playing Worms, which was the key game of my freshman year of college. We also ate a lot of food -- Adit made two pizzas, I made potato and leek soup and this awesome caprese salad from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook that I got for Christmas, and Katrina brought strawberries that went perfectly with the brownies and ice cream I bought from Whole Foods. Also, we spent a lot of time trying to explain the Walter Talbott phenomenon to Katrina; I think we failed, but we discovered his website and John and Adit spent some time playing this computer game he wrote in which two players try to crash pinewood derby cars into each other.

So, the evening was pretty much perfect -- there was much laughter, much food, and we used an inexplicable number of dishes, considering that there were five of us and we went through every piece of silverware I own, as well as all sixteen bowls. The only thing that wasn't perfect about today was that I didn't work on the book -- but I did write a couple of posts for the sararamsey.blogspot.com blog, so I guess that counts.

Tomorrow is a free day for me, and I intend to spend it writing (with a break for lunch with Oniel and his girlfriend, who may have been scared off by tonight's solely vegetarian fare). Then it's back to work, bleh, but now is not the time to think about it. Instead, I'll go to sleep, with memories of tomatoes, mozzarella, and Worms' banana bombs dancing in my head. Goodnight!

No comments: