Friday, January 23, 2009

let my love open the door to your heart

This is a four-minute post. Two full-time jobs will be the death of me. I was at the office from 8:30 to 5:30, then went to a cafe in Mountain View and wrote for an hour and a half. I managed to plow through ~1000 words (equivalent to about four pages) before deciding that I should return to my apartment. Traffic was predictably bad since it was Friday, but it wasn't terrible, and I made it home before perishing from hunger. I wanted to keep writing when I got home, but decided that I was too tired, so warmed up some soup and played on the internet instead.

Even though it's 9:30pm and I feel extremely lame, I'm going to go to bed after this -- my Stanford writing class starts tomorrow morning at 9am, which means that I have to get up like Saturday's any other working day. Luckily, the class is only three hours, and while there will likely be some annoying people, they can't assign me action items, so it's a definite improvement over work. And, as an added bonus, I can do some of my favorite South Bay weekend things -- like spend the entire afternoon writing at Cafe Borrone. I would love to get a pedicure, but it's cold and rainy, which means my glorious feet would be wasted in boots and sneakers. Sigh.

Sorry this post is more disjointed than usual, but I'm wiped out! So I'm going to be lame and go to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: