Sunday, January 04, 2009

it's armageddon week!

I'm currently watching 'Nostradamus: 2012' on the History Channel. This show is attempting to sync up Nostradamus's predictions with the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012, which also syncs with the 'galactic alignment'. It's part of the History Channel's Armageddon Week, which is a totally awesome way to prepare -- it's only three more years until the end of time!!

I haven't watched television since I got back from Iowa, but Sri wanted to watch tv while eating some frozen enchiladas, and I picked this. Before Sri arrived around 8pm, I was v. productive today. I washed five loads of sheets, duvet covers, and winter jackets, and changed my entire bedding scheme. I vacuumed, swiffered, and dusted. I cleared off my desk and windexed the top -- I love my desk, but I may choose to go with something other than a glass top when I replace it someday. And I continued to work on my research database, which I'm quite excited about. I also talked to my parents and to Uncle Mark, so I feel connected with what is going on in my homeland (which is key, since I may have to flee there in 2012 as the seas rise and riots destroy the urbanized coasts).

Sri's staying with me tonight because he has to be at a conference in SF at eight a.m. tomorrow. Katrina wanted to come over to see him, but she should be glad that she decided against it -- we spent most of the evening working on our separate projects, although he does occasionally say 'Wamp' for the hell of it like most of my friends do. We have caught up a bit, though, and hopefully I'll see him again if I can make it to the east coast sometime in the near future.

I have to return to work tomorrow, which I'm thoroughly unenthused about -- but I suppose that means I should go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: