Wednesday, January 14, 2009

on board i'm the captain, so climb aboard -- we'll search for tomorrow on every shore

My job is winning the current battle. This week is pretty much shot due to the two-day training that I finished this afternoon; I have tomorrow and Friday, but tomorrow is completely booked from 8am on, and Friday is mostly booked. But I'm working out of SF on Friday, so at least my commute won't be too bad. The weekend is a lovely three-day thanks to my company's observance of Martin Luther King Day, but that means that next week is a four-day week -- and short weeks are the death of me, because the missed meetings end up taking away the precious hours of work time on the other days.

Arrrrgh. I've been pretty out of it this week; it's been a struggle for me to stay engaged when I'm just eager to sell book #1 and write book #2. I ran through almost a full battery charge of my iphone in training today -- for one, I'm playing online mafia again, and I was addicted to seeing what happened (and posting under my binder, even though I'm sure the trainer caught on that I was playing with my phone most of the day), and for another, I checked my email every five minutes to see if I got another response from an agent. No luck, but no news is good news, I suppose.

But, the weather here is gorgeous; it was almost seventy degrees today, and I ate lunch outdoors with my fellow team managers (Lisa, Heather, and Pete were all in the same training with me, and all similarly distraught after two days locked in an airless conference room). So, there is that; as much as I may hate the commute, the sight of the bay under the morning sunshine for the brief part of the drive where 101 goes right by the bay warms my soul. Sadly I have to be at work at 8am tomorrow, so the sunlight won't be very strong when I drive by the bay -- but at least traffic will be better. I'm looking for the good things in life! But now, it's time to sleep -- hopefully tomorrow brings fewer headaches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's almost 30 degrees here, thirty degrees below that is.

Nancy Drew and the Case of the Man in the Iron Mask.

Nancy Drew and the Key to the
Bastille.

French Fries, the Story of Joan of Arc.