Monday, April 13, 2009

spaceman says everybody look down -- it's all in your mind

This is a four-minute post. Today was quite the productive day; while I did not get up as early as I had intended, I still made it into the office by nine, where I miraculously had a few free hours spread out over the course of the day (and by "a few" I mean 2.5 hours between 9am and 5pm -- pretty good, right?). That time was enough to help me plow through all the stuff that I had to get done today, and so I didn't have anything that needed to get done tonight (other than the peer reviews that were due a week and a half ago, but I'm ignoring those until later this week).

So, when all of my meetings were done and my responsibilities squared away, I vacated the premises and relocated to Coupa Cafe in downtown Palo Alto to work on my book. On my way there, someone cut me off -- and I realized it was Terry (she didn't really cut me off, but she was clearly in a hurry). I texted her and she met up with me later, but since she has a vested interest in making sure I finish my rewrites so that I can get back to Ferguson and Madeleine, she did a good job of not distracting me, and it was all quite lovely.

You can read about my rewrites on the romance blog, if you're so inclined -- but in short, tonight's writing session went well. I need to hit it again tomorrow, but am not sure where I'll fit it in; I have to be in Los Gatos for a dental appointment at 9am (unfortunate, since Los Gatos is south of Mountain View, adding to my already-long commute), and then I have dinner plans tomorrow night. But, I shall figure it all out...and now my four minutes are up, so it's bedtime!

No comments: