Monday, April 06, 2009

straight to the valley of the great divide

I have returned from San Diego, exhausted but exhilarated by the weekend. Tammy and I had a fabulous day -- dim sum (where the waitress giggled at me repeatedly for being so excited when she said "har gar", which is known in English as shrimp dumplings), followed by an afternoon at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, followed by dinner at a Chinese restaurant before I had to catch my flight.

All in all, I had a lovely time with Tammy; for whatever reason, we're able to fall pretty easily into all of our old habits with each other, which means that it's not awkward to spend a weekend together after several months apart. And, I'm even more proud of us because we didn't have the Olympics to bring us together (although we did spend some time at dinner reliving the highlights of the last four Olympics we've watched together, and starting to think about logistics for Vancouver 2010).

I would highlight more of our adventures, but I'm exhausted and I have to go to work tomorrow (boo). Perhaps you'll get pictures someday, but for now, goodnight!

No comments: