Friday, April 17, 2009

so different from this hell i'm living

My eye started twitching at work today, which is a v. v. bad sign. It's not that I'm relapsing, precisely -- my work-life balance is still loads better than it was eighteen months ago, and I'm not stressed by the amount of stuff on my plate. Rather, I'm just too personally and emotionally invested in what I do. This means that, when I get excited or annoyed about something, it's hard to maintain my psychic distance, and so I end up thinking about work far more than I should.

But, I had an afternoon almost entirely devoted to one-on-one meetings with some of my favorite people, and so I left in a decent mood. I came home and painted my fingernails blue (blue!) while watching a couple of episodes of Craig Ferguson, who was hilarious as usual. I also got completely caught up on work email, which sets me up well for the weekend. Best of all, I'm taking tomorrow off and I intend to spend the entire day writing. My goal for the weekend is to completely rewrite the wedding and wedding breakfast scenes of my first book, as well as enter a whole host of minor edits and changes to the final draft. Once the wedding scenes are to my liking, the rest of it is pretty clear sailing; there are a couple of chapters towards the end that I'm not totally thrilled with, but I think they can be tweaks rather than complete rewrites. We shall see, we shall see -- but right now, it's bedtime!

No comments: