Friday, June 18, 2010

don't want to kiss, don't want to touch...just smoke my cigarette and hush

I have nothing of interest to report tonight (not like that ever stops me). I had meetings all morning, and then I slogged and talked to my friend Joy all afternoon. I cleared out around 4:30 so that I could buy groceries and make it home in time for a 5:30pm videoconference (all of which I accomplished successfully). After my conference call was over, I unpacked most of the rest of my kitchen; I still have two boxes left to unpack, and I need to wash some of the things I unpacked, but the kitchen is virtually done. This is good news -- I need to focus on cleaning out the dining area this weekend, so it's good that I got some stuff done today.

I should have worked for the day job tonight, but instead I spent a couple of hours editing my romance novel (and listening to Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" on repeat -- yes, I'm a masochist). In addition to unpacking, my other big goal for the weekend is writing a significant chunk of my manuscript, and so I spent some time today cleaning up my manuscript versions, since I've been working off of two different computers over the course of my travels, and I needed to update it all to one version before I completely forgot which pieces of which manuscript were newer. But, I'm all caught up with the edits I've done, both on the computer and in my notebook, so I'm ready to stride forward starting tomorrow.

I wish that I could stay up later and write, but I think I should force myself to go to bed. I'm not feeling jetlagged during the day, but I'm having trouble sleeping, so I just need to keep pushing to get back into the right timezone. Goodnight!

No comments: