Saturday, June 05, 2010

this river is wild

This isn't even a four-minute post, in all likelihood - I did nothing of interest today, and I desperately need to go to bed so that I can get up in time to go to the airport for my flight to Tokyo tomorrow. I woke up this morning, paid my bills, took a shower, went to the mall in search of sneakers and came away with a wireless router and a spare battery for my new digital camera (and some necessities from Sephora, of course), then went to the office to pick up a package that was delivered after I left yesterday. I intended to stay at the office and work, but I discovered belatedly that I had left a crucial notebook at home, and so I couldn't accomplish what I meant to do. So, I came home, rearranged my living room (it looks lovely!), packed, and then slogged for the day job. I also talked to my brother and my parents for almost two hours combined, so I'm feeling v. well connected to my Iowa life.

And now, it's time for bed -- I told you this would be an uninteresting post. However, the interest level should pick up when I make it to Tokyo (particularly if I fail to navigate the bus to the hotel and end up blogging frantically from my cell phone). Wish me luck!

No comments: