Friday, June 25, 2010

i know he thinks you're fine and stuff, but does he know how to wind you up?

This is a four-minute post. My life has returned to some semblance of normal; Adit is sleeping in my couch, which is lovely, even though it's only for one night. The conference is over, and I can start trying to settle into my house some more. And I'm not drunk or hungover, so both of those are good things.

The rest of the conference today was great; I skipped the morning sessions to do work for the big boss, but then participated in the afternoon session that she was kicking off. Her speech went well, although we didn't have a chance to debrief since she left after her speech and I stayed for the rest of it. But staying was well worth it; the content of the afternoon was great, with the major highlight being the former CEO of Domino's Pizza, who started his speech by handing out free pizza for everyone (smart guy), and ended up being one of the most engaging speakers I've ever heard.

Anyway, the only downside was that the session ran way, way over; it was supposed to end at five, and I didn't leave until after 6:30pm. Granted, I talked for a bit to Pete and Durand, but still. That gave me just enough time to make it down to the glorious south bay for dinner with Adit, Jav, Chris and Connie at Chris's favorite Mexican restaurant in Mountain View; we somehow put away at least five baskets of chips, and we all had drinks and cleaned our plates too. Needless to say, it was totally delicious, and it was great to have some family time before Adit leaves for his cross-country trek. Unfortunately, John and Jess couldn't attend because it turns out that John has whooping cough -- I may have been really, really annoyed that I got the tetanus/pertussis vaccine in January because it made me so sick and put me out of commission for several days, but now I'm glad, since John and Jess were here this weekend and I'm apparently safe from their contagion.

Now, though, I should really go to sleep; I have more work than ever for the day job and so need to go into the office tomorrow morning, but then I need to come back here to await delivery of my furniture! And then I'll probably go back to the office and also work this weekend, but at least my place is starting to come together. Goodnight!

No comments: