Friday, January 14, 2011

moses supposes erroneously

Today was lovely, and almost, almost as productive as I had intended -- if I had put in another hour of writing rather than sloughing off early to have coffee with the Chandlord, I would have hit my goal. I shan't regret it, though; I had not seen Vidius Chandicus in over a month, which verges on criminal, and so going off to meet her before dinner was perfectly wonderful.

But, the day started earlier than that, of course; in fact, it started at 7:30, when I dragged myself out of bed and into the gym clothes that I had so thoughtfully laid out the night before so that I could make it to the gym for my eight a.m. session with Alyssa. I would have been on time, too, had I not forgotten that I had put my recycling bin out last night, and since I couldn't see it in my rearview mirror, I of course knocked it over and had to pick up the detritus strewn across my driveway. Bleh. Alyssa tortured me just the right amount, and we continue to marvel at how much weaker/tighter/generally *wrong* the entire left side of my body is in comparison to my right side -- so much so that another trainer, clearly bored with his adequate client, began discussing my form with her while I did squats. Someday, with enough stretching/lifting/training, the ship carrying a better left side will come in -- or perhaps I'll have a stroke and bring my right side down to its level.

Anyway, after the gym, I came home and ate some oatmeal, then went to Starbucks and wrote for an hour and a half. Then I came home, took a break, ate the leftover white chili from yesterday (even better the second day), and wrote for another couple of hours. Chandlord called and asked me to meet up with her for coffee, and so I took a break, looked at some cookbooks, and then drove down to Sunnyvale to rendezvous with her. We went to Peet's (not to be confused with Philz) and caught up on the utter lack of anything that happened to us in the last month, which was lovely.

The reason we were in Sunnyvale, though, was because we were meeting up with John and Jess for our semi-regular supper, this time at Taste Buds (a somewhat superior version of Chaat Paradise). They were in fine form, and as usual, I find myself at a complete loss to recount anything that happened there because the jhokes all flew so fast. It was they who suggested that I start including a link related to every person mentioned in a blog post, which is a great idea -- you need more useless content on this blog, right?

Eventually, we had to part ways, as all good things come to an end (including my status as a Virgo, apparently, although further research indicates that I'm still a Virgo on the tropical zodiac, which is the one that matters, so I shall keep calm and carry on). So I came home and watched last night's version of Top Chef, in which I discovered that the spoiler I saw last night was not completely a spoiler because I misinterpreted what I read due to the fact that I forgot about someone who was still on the show. I also chatted briefly with Terry, who is living the business school life and going to Vegas this weekend while I sit at home on my couch and type away on my laptop. And now, I really should go to bed; I want to go to the gym earlyish tomorrow, and then write the day away before having a low-key dinner party tomorrow night. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Click to Watch - Michael said...

This post made me think of this Family Guy moment (only 17 seconds so just watch it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12JTDp6xm18

Thoughts?

Sara said...

Tanks, Michael. I've seen that clip before - and it just makes me want to go to Starbucks and write some more :)

John said...

Sub-lounge is closed, and my heart is too.

Jessica said...

This is the best blog post *anyone* *anywhere* has *ever* written. Detritus! Sublounge! Jhoker video! I learned so much in so few minutes.

Thanks for a great GIRLS NIGHT OUT!

Sara said...

@John - I had no idea Sublounge was closed until I went looking for a link. How sad - it really seemed like it was taking off when we were there!

@Jess - did you actually watch the jhoker video? what was up with the photo of the kid with a gun pointed after him that they used repeatedly?