Sunday, January 30, 2011

no love

Other than the fact that I wrote a few pages of my romance novel today rather than taking a nap in the grass outside of Green Library, today was a v. nice reversion to college -- or, college as it might have been if we left campus. I made it out of bed, into the shower, and into some non-pajama clothes in time for breakfast with Zach (aka Pincubus). He's in town for the weekend, which is a v. rare occurrence, and so it was lovely to get some 1:1 time with him. We went over to Joanie's Cafe and caught up over eggs, then came back to my place and had tea before parting ways around one.

After Zach left, I procrastinated for awhile, but I eventually succeeded in writing approximately five pages of zee romance novel. It's not the best wordcount ever, but it was respectable. Then, Adit, my old friend, showed up around seven; he's in town for the week, and while he's ostensibly staying in a hotel the rest of the week, he's here tonight. We hung out for an hour and a half and both did some more work, and then we went to Redwood City for Peder (aka Timmy)'s housewarming party, where Zach was the guest of honor. Adit promptly stole Zach's thunder, since no one knew he was coming. True to form, our little cluster of friends formed a closed circle and stayed together through the entire party -- John and Jess were there, and Chris and Connie made it as well (rare, since Chris almost never escapes his office for such shenanigans), and so we all hung out and caught up. Or rather, we did some catching up and some making jhokes, but the end result was all v. fun. Then, Adit and I came home, watched some SNL, and now are preparing for bed.

I fear that this blog post does not adequately capture how nice my day was, but just like the closed circles my friends form at parties, none of the jhokes will translate here, and so I'm going to go to bed rather than subjecting you to the attempt. Goodnight!

No comments: