Saturday, February 19, 2011

i know way too many people here right now that i didn't know last year

I don't even know what to say about today. It was generally quite good; I didn't do as much during the day as I intended because I slept until almost eleven, and so I didn't make it to the gym. However, I did write about six pages this afternoon, which was respectable. Chandlord showed up around 4:30, and we had lattes using my stovetop espresso maker before doing some more work. Doesn't that sound charming?

The reason that Chandlord came to my place rather than taking her freedom and going someplace more interesting was that we had plans for dinner with John and Jess. Jess wanted to go to Sephora with me, and so we agreed to go to the Stanford Shopping Center for dinner, followed by a Sephora trip. The timing was planned so that John and Chandlord could both escape the Sephora part of the adventure, but that required eating at the mall, which required making the best of a series of bad choices. That meant that we ate at the Creamery, which is an overpriced diner-type experience. e were having quite a lovely time when things suddenly picked up even more -- Adit showed up, after having spent an hour and a half driving down from the city in the pouring rain (which has been going on all day, much to my dismay). He had called Vidya and me earlier and learned about our upcoming dining experience, and so he came down here and decided to spend the night at my place as a result (yay).

So the five of us had a fine old time at the Creamery, and Jess and I took a v. quick break to go to Sephora. I escaped Sephora after spending the least that I have ever spent at Sephora ($10) -- granted, that's partially because I returned something that they were nice enough to take even though I had bought it before Christmas, but still, I walked out with one item (tinted moisturizer, which is what I'd gone in for) rather than all the stuff I would normally buy. Ah, funemployment. But, I sold Jess on tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, and concealer, so at least I lived vicariously through her.

After dinner, everyone somehow ended up coming to my place (Adit because he was staying here, John and Jess because they had nothing better to do, and Chandlord because I shamelessly begged her to). We opened a bottle of wine and then somehow ended up watching "Eurotrip" (which I adore - I first saw it in a theatre with Walter (the Talbotross), and have it on DVD so that I can watch it whenever I desire). John, Jess and I had all seen it before and so were preemptively laughing at jhokes that were yet to come; Adit had seen it before and mostly ignored it this time; and Chandlord hadn't seen it before and didn't seem to think it was quite so uproariously entertaining as I did. So anyway, the movie entertained me, and by the time it was over, Chandlord was too tired to drive home, so she's staying on my loveseat while Adit sleeps on my couch.

We ended the evening by playing some games; Adit and Jess edited a Wikipedia page while John and I tried to shoot empty soda cans off one of the ceiling beams in my living room with rubber bands. I love the ceiling beams normally, since they add character; but since John can reach my ceiling beams and I can't, there are currently a pair of my Uggs, a canister of oatmeal, and an onion sitting up on a beam that I'm going to have to retrieve sometime tomorrow. Also, John and Adit both attempted to write computer programs to count the number of words on my blog, since I had guessed a million the other day; before they wrote the program, we all guessed how many words there actually were, but it turns out that I overestimated. My earlier posts were apparently shorter on average than my later posts, and so I've only written approximately 800,000 words here. I am so sorry for the deceit, my friends.

So after the excitement of shooting things off the beams and watching "Eurotrip", John and Jess left, Chandlord has already fallen asleep, and I should go to bed so that Adit can sleep and wake up in time for his flight back to the east coast tomorrow morning. Goodnight!

No comments: