Monday, February 14, 2011

i will turn your face to alabaster

The first six or seven hours of today were pretty much a wash, and I don't really want to talk about it - finishing this book could well be the hardest thing I've ever done. So anyway, because the food situation is getting pretty dire here (really, having to feed myself every meal + snacks without recourse to a free gourmet cafeteria is a bit of a drag), I finally took a break around four p.m. and went to the grocery store, where I stocked up on the items necessary to feed myself for at least the rest of the week. Of course, as soon as I chose to leave the house, that's when people started calling me -- Vidya asked what I was doing tonight, Katie called (and I wasn't able to call her back because I went to dinner), and then my uncle called as I was pulling into my driveway, and we caught up for a bit as I put my groceries away.

Shortly thereafter, Chandlord came over and we had a 5:30pm dinner at Palo Alto Sol, thus beating the V-day crowds (although perhaps Palo Alto Sol wasn't the top Valentine's destination anyway, even if it's tasty enough to be). We caught up over enchiladas, then came back to my place and watched television for an hour and a half - an episode of "How I Met Your Mother", tonight's "Jeopardy!" battle between Watson and the two humans (verdict: the apocalypse is coming), and an episode of "30 Rock". Then, Chandlord left to have drinks, I stayed home with the intention of working - and instead watched "The Bachelor" (stupid), read a 26-page article in the New Yorker on Scientology (double stupid), and am considering going to bed early so that I can get something done before going to the gym tomorrow.

So that's all - I will do something to vanquish my book tomorrow, since all this anxiety and subsequent procrastination is getting a little bit ridiculous. Goodnight!

No comments: