Saturday, February 12, 2011

you're in the mud in the maze of her imagination

I should have gone to sleep as soon as I got home, rather than playing with the romance site again -- but, I had a thought on how to fix a minor annoyance I was having, and in the process of that realized that I was no longer getting mail to my site's accounts, and so I decided to take the time to fix the mail tonight in case anyone tries to contact me (which they won't, but I need it to be able to retrieve passwords when signing up for business-related activities).

The day got off to a late start, which isn't a surprise since I stayed up until almost two last night. I proceeded to work straight through the day (after cleaning my kitchen and making some oatmeal), all of it on getting my romance blog up and running. It seems to be okay and seems to be loading faster, but we'll see. I took a break around two to go to the gym, then came home and worked on the website until six. Then, it was time to scurry up to the city of sin -- Chandlord and I had agreed to have a drink before going to Jess's singing recital, and so I picked her up and drove her across the city to the Sunset, where Jess's performance was taking place in a Presbyterian church.

However, when we got to the neighborhood (and I scored parking half a block away without even trying), we realized we didn't care for the one bar we saw next to us, and so we sat in my car for half an hour, talking and eventually asking each other ridiculous questions about what we preferred of all the things around us (which brought back fond memories of how Walter and I would play the question game for hours on end -- he certainly humored me better than most people I know). Then, we went to the recital, but we made a tactical error by not listening to Jess's suggestion of when to show up. She said that we should come late (v. late), but because all we were doing was sitting in my car, we were only ten minutes late. We caught the vocal instructor's welcoming speech, and then sat through an hour and a half of vocal pieces. Some of them were truly good (Jess was one of them, the guy she sang a duet with was another -- if not the best singer ever, still quite entertaining), but it was a long time to sit if there were pieces that didn't interest you.

But, Jess's singing was lovely, so I'm glad that we went. We snuck out sometime during the second half, went back to Chandlord's, and thought about watching a movie -- but as Vidya proceeded to fall asleep almost immediately, I came home instead. It's probably for the best, since I need to get some sleep so that I can write tomorrow -- and since it's now almost two a.m., I'm guessing tomorrow will start late as well. Goodnight!

No comments: