Monday, April 25, 2016

a kick in the teeth is good for some

I have a ridiculous headache, so even though I should be writing like mad to hit my next deadline, I'm going to curl up and go to bed instead - after my laundry guy eventually shows up, since I need to get dry cleaning done and decided to avail myself of the coupon Rinse sent me to try to win me back.

But today wasn't all bad, despite my aching head - I spent the morning getting some work done, and then I showered and drove to Burlingame, where I spent 3.5 hours at Barbara's house, where she and Anne and I discussed ad strategies. We all want to get awesome at ads in slightly different ways, but it's helpful to have the forcing mechanism of talking to each other about them. This could be why I have a headache - both because there is so so so much that I want to do (and have been having trouble doing), and also because Barbara has cats, which I forgot about, and the room where we holed up so that we could use the chromecast is where their litter box is, and so my allergies were a bit unhappy.

However, this was all a great first convo, and we have plans to learn more and discuss more, etc., so I'm excited about that. Then I went to downtown Burlingame and had a salad while researching some fonts for a possible redesign of my name (although I think I probably need to pay someone if I really want it to look great). And then I drove home, and I should have worked...or if I wasn't going to work, I should have read a book rather than staring at my screen.

But these are problems that are easily rectified by putting the laptop away and crawling into bed so that my headache dissipates and I can tackle everything fresh tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: