Monday, April 18, 2016

take time and erase you

I got a lot done today despite my mind's best efforts to derail me. I was out of bed by seven (shocking, but that's the schedule I'm trying to reset myself on), but then I didn't get straight to work, and so I didn't really start writing until 9:30 or so. But that was better than nothing, and the 3ish hours of work I got done were great, I think.

Then I took a quick shower and drove down to San Mateo for a writing date with Anne and Barbara. I could only stay an hour and twenty minutes, and I knew that that would basically mean I would get no writing done since I hadn't seen either of them in quite awhile - but I wanted to hear Barbara's recap of the conference she went to in Vegas last week, and I figured that I would have to take the hit of an hour spent gossiping at some point this week, and so it might as well be today. So I got the details on that, and I think we're going to set up a mini study group on Facebook and Google ads, which should be fun.

But I had to leave there around 3:20 (after doing no writing, but sharing in the customary rice krispie treat despite having not been productive at all) and drive to Mountain View, where I saw my eye doctor. The verdict is that my eyes got worse for the first time in forever, thanks to my soft contacts rather than the hard ones I used to wear...but he thinks this is just a natural reaction from my eyes returning to their natural curvature rather than being flattened/trained by the hard contacts. So I'm going soft for another year and we'll see what happens - if blindness continues to ensue, I'll have to switch back, but I hope that doesn't happen.

Yes, this blog post is the most interesting one I've written in awhile!

Then I went to Shana Thai, where I had a three-hour dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam). I hadn't seen her since January, so we had a ton to catch up on, and thai food was a very nice way to cover a lot of verbal ground while also eating some deliciousness. We already have our next rendezvous on the books - our favorite eyebrow waxer moved to Walnut Creek (ugh, so far away), so we're going to go there and check out her space (although the chances that I'll drive to Walnut Creek once a month just to get my brows waxed are slim...but I would potentially drive there for a facial when she's set up for that, so we'll see).

And then I came home, and then I inadvertently fell asleep on the couch, and I probably should have stayed asleep because this post is boring as hell. But now that I've fulfilled my obligation and written this, I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: