Saturday, April 02, 2016

i'd pull the sun out from the sky to light your darkest night

Today was my slothiest day so far - so it's probably time for me to go back to California and get some work done. Not that I get much done there, either, but I am intending to change that (at least temporarily). I spent the day doing a whole lot of nothing - some of it was useful (emails, tax stuff, etc.), and some of it wasn't. But I also did some serious consideration about where to live and what to do this summer (despite my post from March 29 in which I told you to tell me to stop procrastinating if I made any decisions before May). I'm back to thinking that staying put in San Francisco for awhile would be good for my productivity....but we'll see if I feel that way after a few days of the heat wave we're about to have in SF, which will make the feces situation way more pungent than it has been.

sssanyway. I took a break from all of this to watch the Oklahoma game, which turned into a depressing bloodbath. Then I had supper with my parents (during the second half of the game, which I wouldn't have expected if you'd asked me earlier in the day, but my mom had already given up at that point), and then I messed around online while watching '48 Hours: Mystery', which is one of my least favorite CBS programs.

And then I packed, and now I need to sleep - I should have time for breakfast at home before going to Des Moines for my flight. No offense to Denver, but hopefully I'm not there for a minute more than is necessary tomorrow...San Francisco and a whole lot of writing (and some socializing, of course) await. Goodnight!

No comments: