Wednesday, April 20, 2016

working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrill

I was pretty productive today, all in all, although I need to go to bed asap if I'm going to get out of bed by seven a.m. like I've been aiming for. And granted, today I got up at seven but then messed around for two hours. But I went to Philz by 9:30ish and spent a solid three hours working, which was v. necessary. At the end of it, I had a delightful, albeit brief, conversation with Ken, who is a karaoke master whom I met through Chandlord. In his daytime hours is a lawyer who works near Philz, and so I've now seen him there a couple of times - but today we tragically mistimed it by 15secs, since I vacated my table just as he was approaching and someone else swooped in to grab it before he could claim it. Sadness. But we caught up briefly, and I was somewhat able to verbalize key concepts (difficult, when I've been writing for three hours), and I tried to hook him on brain.fm - so we'll see if he's still human when I see him again or whether brain.fm has destroyed his brain like it has destroyed mine.

After that, I came home, procrastinated briefly, and then made myself a totally divine tuna melt - gluten free bread, fancy cheddar, and tuna packed in olive oil (mixed with mayonnaise, of course), with butter on the outside of the bread slices so that I could essentially make a grilled cheese with tuna in it. It was about as perfect as it could have been with gluten free bread, and I am salivating already thinking about how I can have it again tomorrow. Then I took a nap, because life is hard.

But I forced myself to write for another couple of hours in the afternoon, so that was good. Shit is getting real up in here, and by that I mean I need to be a productivity machine for the next couple of weeks. And so perhaps I shouldn't have gone out tonight - but I already had plans, and it was nice out, and so I kept my commitments.

And that meant walking down to AT&T Park and going to Cal night at the San Francisco Giants. I am obviously *not* a Cal supporter (although I'm not militant about it, like the people who spell it Kal as an insult), but several people in my extended friend group are, and so I went. John was there, as was Chandlord and Rajiv and Sheila, and I renewed my acquaintance with Charlotte (whom I met at Rajiv's birthday - we talked publishing through most of the eighth inning, which was totally fine by me). I hadn't been to a ballgame in forever (in fact, one of the only two times I can find via the blog was in 2004, in which I wrote a quaint post about how I was twenty-three and had thought I would have met the love of my life by then, but that it wasn't quite panic time yet, hahahahahahaha). So it was fun to see AT&T Park again, even if the game kind of sucked and the seats were fairly terrible and we lost 3-0. John and I walked around for a bit so I could see more of the ballpark than just our seats, so I saw the World Series trophies, but I mostly subsisted on garlic fries and wine (which is really all one needs in life, right?).

But I was done with sportsball by 10pm, so I left with Rajiv and Sheila and walked a few blocks with them. When we parted ways, I grabbed a lyft home - and now I need to sleep so that I can be productive tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: